When you’re decorating or revamping parts of your home, details such as windows blinds can make all the difference to the overall effect. Here at Direct Blinds, we can help you to find the best options to suit every space, and we know you’ll love the new looks you can create.
When you make any investment in your home, you want to know that you’re making good, cost effective choices that will last. This process is easier if you know exactly what you’re looking for, and our checklist can help you to work out what type of blinds will best meet your needs.
Considerations When Choosing Window Blinds
1. What style are you looking for? Different types of blinds can create very different effects in your home, and the look you want will determine the best style for you. Practical options such as roller blinds are ideal for bathrooms and playrooms, for example, but a lounge decorated in classic style might be better suited to a Roman blind in a fabric to suit your decor.
2. How important is it to block out the light? In spaces such as bedrooms, it is important to be able to block out the light to create a dark sleeping space. This is easy with our BlocOut roller blinds, which are designed to ensure that light is effectively blocked and that heat is retained in the home, which can also reduce your heating bills.
3. What material is best for you? The material you choose will depend on the environment that the blind will be hung in. For example, damp or humid areas, like the bathroom and kitchen, are not suited to wooden blinds, but alternatives such as aluminium and PVC are practical, waterproof and will not warp.
4. Are they safe? If you have children or animals, or you ever have visitors who do, you will need to take blind safety seriously. Corded blinds can present a hazard to children and pets, and you should always ensure that a safety device is fitted to prevent accidents.
5. Are they easy to clean? Cleaning blinds is not always an easy task, and some styles are more problematic than others. Wiping with a damp cloth is enough to keep a roller blind or Venetian blind in good condition, but you may find that a Roman blind needs to be washed when dirty, which may be more complicated and might influence your purchasing decision, especially in a high traffic area of your home.
Visit Direct Blinds for Roller Blinds in Cork
Here at Direct Blinds, we specialise in window blinds, with a wide range of roller blinds, Venetian blinds and Roman blinds for you to choose from. We also stock beautiful Plantation Shutters that can give your home a timeless elegance.
You can find out more on our website or in your local store. Simply contact us online or call 021 435 4959 to speak to our friendly team today.