It’s getting cooler and many of us will have already put the heating on for the first time. This is a good time, however, to think about the ways in which you can make your home a little cosier, saving you money on your energy bills and increasing the comfort factor, too.
Here at Direct Blinds, we know how much difference good window dressings can make to a home. Getting it right can perfectly complement your décor and create a welcoming and relaxing space for your family and your guests. Come and see the impressive range of window blinds we stock, and talk to us about how to get the look you really want in each room: it’s a great way to introduce cosiness into your home this Autumn!
Tips To Get Cosy At Home This Season
Everyone has different ideas about what looks good in a home, but concentrating on each of the five senses in turn can help you to think about the impression your home gives, and the way that guests experience the atmosphere you have created.
- What can you see? Being surrounded by warm shades and tones can instantly make a room feel cosier. If your walls are neutral, it is easier to make changes of this nature as you can simply add cushions, blankets and decorative objects that bring warmer colours into the space. Don’t forget that the colour of your window blinds, the lighting you choose, and the pictures on your walls will have a big influence on the look of your room.
- What can you touch? It’s the season to wrap up warm, and you’ll create a welcoming, cosy space by adding blankets or throws to sofas and chairs around your home. Guests will love the opportunity to snuggle up and relax, and it may even encourage the family to layer up instead of switching on the heating.
- What can you smell? Warming, comforting fragrances can help to change the atmosphere in a room, and whether you opt for the smell of freshly baked bread or a scented beeswax candle, you’ll notice the difference immediately. Try a seasonal scent such as cinnamon or nutmeg, and relax and enjoy the effect.
- What can you hear? Music has a huge effect on mood, so choose your soundtrack with care. Perhaps the family will relax to songs from your favourite feel good movies, or find some seasonal tunes on the radio to introduce a new atmosphere into your home.
- What can you taste? Everyone loves comforting food in the colder months, so make the most of this with some tasty treats for everyone to enjoy. Introduce a cosier vibe with warm apple crumble, a comforting hot chocolate, or some luxury treats to share with guests once the children have gone to bed!
Visit Direct Blinds for Roller Blinds and Venetian Blinds in Cork
Here at Direct Blinds, we have an excellent range of venetian blinds, roller blinds and roman blinds in a wide variety of fabrics and colours, as well as classic options such as plantation shutters that will add value to your home. Simply contact us online or call 021 435 4959 to speak to our friendly team today.