We all love the long, bright days of summer, but sometimes the lighter mornings can cause sleep problems that can affect our enjoyment of the season. Taking some time to prepare your bedroom for the summer can help to ensure that you get a good amount of restful, restorative sleep to keep you feeling great all day long.
Giving your bedroom a facelift can help to give it a relaxing feel, making it a sanctuary of calm after your busy days. Here at Direct Blinds, we have a superb range of blinds and shutters to enhance the look you choose and create the perfect environment for sleep. Here are our favourite ideas to update your bedroom this season.
Give Your Bedroom An Update For Summer
1. Pick a relaxing colour. Think about your favourite places to relax, and try to imagine bringing these colours into your bedroom. If you love the beach, embrace warm blues and soft yellows to put you in mind of sea and sand, and if the forest is your favourite place to walk, think about whether some deep green accessories on a plain, pale background might bring some of nature’s calming influence inside.
2. Consider your bed. We humans spend a huge proportion of our lives in bed, so don’t be tempted to put up with broken springs or an uncomfortable mattress. Replace your mattress every 8-10 years, and use a mattress topper for added comfort if you can.
3. Keep clutter out. Whether you’re a minimalist or not, the bedroom is not a good place to store your clutter. Keeping surfaces clear and drawers and cupboards organised will help to create a feeling of peace and calm, and you’ll always know where to find the things you need in a hurry!
4. Add blinds. When you’re designing the best environment for sleep, window blinds can be very helpful. We have blinds in many different styles and colours, and our BlocOut roller blinds are designed to block out light in the summer and keep heat in during the colder months, so you’ll save money on your heating bills, too.
5. Treat yourself. Making your bedroom feel like a special space for you needn’t be costly, but a few little touches that give you a lift will be worth splashing out for. Think about adding a special cushion or throw to give you a bit of luxury, or even a selection of your favourite photographs in frames to make you smile every time you come into the room.
Visit Direct Blinds for Roller Blinds and Venetian Blinds in Cork
When you’re re-decorating, we’re sure to have a window dressing solution for every space in your home, so come and explore our impressive range of roller blinds, venetian blinds and more. Here at Direct Blinds, we are always on hand to help you decide on the options that will suit you and your home best, so talk to us about your requirements and discover what a difference our blinds could make to you.
Simply contact us online or call 021 435 4959 to speak to our friendly team today.