Blinds can transform the look of your home and you can choose the right style and design to complete every room. Here at Direct Blinds, we have an excellent range of Roman blinds, Venetian blinds and roller blinds, and our wood or wood look blinds are a very popular choice for the home or the office.
If you’re looking for wood or faux wood blinds, you’ll need to decide which material will be best suited to the room you are planning for. You may find that our quick checklist helps you to make the right choices for your home.
Should I Choose Real or Faux Wood?
1. Where will the blind be hung? Your first consideration when choosing blinds should be the environment and room in which the blind will be hung. If you are looking for a wooden or wooden look blind, you should consider whether the room could become wet or humid. If you are decorating a bathroom or kitchen, real wood will not be a good choice for you as it is much more likely that the slats will warp and split.
2. How much do you want to spend? Real wood blinds are a lot more expensive than faux wood options, so you should consider how much you are planning to invest at this time. Talk to us about how long you can expect each type to last, which will usually be longer for faux wood styles, and make a decision based on your budget.
3. What colour do you need? If you need to match a specific shade of wood stain or furniture that you have in your home, we will usually recommend real wood blinds as these are most likely to give the right effect. However, our faux wood blinds also include wood-grain effects, so don’t worry if you would prefer to opt for this material. You can choose the colour and finish of your blind, whichever material you decide upon.
4. How wide is your window? A particularly wide window may be best suited to a real wood blind, since these are usually lighter than faux wood options. It is possible to use two blinds within one window, but this will not look as sleek as fitting one blind in the same space.
5. What is the most practical option? Practical considerations are as important as aesthetics when you are choosing a new blind for your home. Compare the mechanisms on each type of blind, and ask how each should be cleaned and maintained, and consider how this will work in your home.
Visit Direct Blinds for Roller Blinds in Cork
Here at Direct Blinds, we have an excellent range of window blinds, with a wide range of roller blinds, Venetian blinds and Roman blinds for you to choose from.
You can find out more on our website or in your local store. Simply contact us online or call 021 435 4959 to speak to our friendly team today.