Are you dreaming of a stylish vertical blind but worried about keeping it clean? Or perhaps you have a vertical blind that’s looking a little worse for wear and want to know the best way to clean it? We love vertical blinds, but caring for them becomes much easier with our great tips and tricks for keeping them clean.Here at Direct Blinds, we stock a huge variety of vertical blinds in many different materials and colours, and you can transform any space in an instant when you install a beautiful new blind. However, we always advise our customers on the best ways to clean their blinds, to keep them looking as good as new for longer.
Top Tips For Cleaning Your Vertical Blinds:
- Don’t over-clean. Most vertical blinds will only need a thorough clean about once a year, depending on the level of dust and foot traffic in the room. We advise cleaning your vertical blinds as part of your annual spring-cleaning, since the sunshine will show up the dust at this time of year!
- Make it easy for yourself.If you want to, you can remove the blind slats from the rails before you clean them, but this is certainly not necessary and can lead to blinds becoming damaged more easily. Closing your blind completely, so that all of the slats are flat and facing the same way, will allow you to access all slats for cleaning.
- Use your vacuum cleaner. Use the wide upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner, and vacuum the blinds carefully, moving from bottom to top of each blind, removing as much dust as possible. You can dust manually instead if you find this easier or do not have an upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner, but this may take longer.
- Clean both sides. Don’t forget to turn your blinds over and vacuum or dust the reverse sides as well, as this will be essential to remove dust and achieve an overall clean appearance when you re-hang your blinds.
- Just add water. If your blinds need a more thorough clean after dusting, you can wipe them with a sponge or cloth, using warm water and soap. Test a corner of the blind first to make sure the colour will not run or become damaged, and be sure not to use too much water as this can ruin your blinds.
Visit Direct Blinds for Vertical Blinds and Roller Blinds in Cork
Here at Direct Blinds, we have a wide range of vertical blinds, as well as roman blinds, roller blinds and venetian blinds that you’ll love. Whatever you need, we know we’ve got a blind to add the perfect finishing touch to your décor, and we can even create a bespoke blind for you if you have a particular colour or fabric in mind. Our experienced and friendly team will be happy to help you with your order and are on hand every step of the way. Simply contact us online or call 021 435 4959 today.