You’ve done it! You’ve purchased some timeless Plantation Shutters that will enhance the look of your home forever. These will add value to your property and make you the envy of all of your neighbours,and now you need to know how to take care of them to keep them looking great.
Here at Direct Blinds, we can help you to find the perfect blinds and window coverings for all of the windows and doors in your home, and we have plantation shutters to suit every taste and style. Talk to us to find out more about making the best choices for your home, and ask us how you should look after your blinds and shutters to protect them and prevent damage.
How Do I Care For Plantation Shutters?
Whether you’ve just had your shutters fitted and are wondering how to look after them, or you’ve noticed that your shutters are beginning to look a little jaded, these tips will help you to keep them in great shape all year round:
• Dry cleaning. If you have plantation shutters that are made of wood or faux wood, you should avoid cleaning them with water. You can use a dry feather duster to wipe away dust and debris that has collected on and around the slats, and then carefully vacuum the whole shutter with the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner.
• Chemical free cleaning. Real wood plantation shutters are stunning, but they are also more fragile than shutters made of other materials. The dusting and vacuuming method described above is ideal, as water and any chemical solutions may cause warping or damage to your shutters.
• White vinegar. White vinegar is a great choice for many of your home cleaning tasks, and is ideal for use around pets, children and those with sensitivities since it does not contain harsh additives. You can brighten up vinyl shutters by wiping them with white vinegar between regular dustings.
• Socks! It may sound odd, but our favourite way to clean shutters and blinds with slats is to put a glove or old sock onto the hand and simply wipe along both sides of each slat. This is a great way to clean your shutters quickly and efficiently, and a great use for old socks, too!
• Regular cleaning. If you do not clean your blinds often, they are likely to accumulate a lot of dirt and debris, making it a real mission to get them shipshape. Cleaning them on a regular basis, even if they do not look dirty, ensures that dirt cannot build up and they’ll look great at all times.
Visit Direct Blinds for Plantation Shutters in Cork
Here at Direct Blinds, we have an excellent range of window blinds and Plantation Shutters, with a wide range of roller blinds, Venetian blinds and Roman blinds for you to choose from, as well as shutters in many different styles and colours.
You can find out more on our website or in your local store. Simply contact us online or call 021 435 4959 to speak to our friendly team today