When deciding how to beautify your windows, the most common strategy that commonly comes to your mind is the use of curtains. Well, we can never blame you for that since curtains seem to be the most familiar window treatment around the world. But, you must know that there are other window treatments that you can use for your home.
Beautifying your panes does not only mean covering them with sewn fabrics because there are also window blinds and some other window coverings that will surely enhance the general appeal of your home, and not only your windows.
With window blinds, for example, you can readily improve the looks of your home, especially your windows, based on your preference and according to your abode’s general motif and design. Yes, window blinds are available in different types, designs, sizes, materials, and colours. Therefore, whatever you fancy about for your own place, there will surely be a set that will satisfy you.
So read on to know more about these various window treatments, not just curtains and window blinds, which you might seriously consider for your favourite nook in the whole universe.
1. Wood blinds. This means that the slates of your window blinds are made of natural wood, which can be applied with paint or varnish to achieve the desired texture or look. From a tropical home to a beach-style residence, you will be amazed at how many choices of wood blinds you can actually choose from.
2. Faux wood blinds. If there is natural wood, there is also the so-called faux wood. Oftentimes, this is the choice of homeowners and interior designers who think that the use of natural wood-made window treatment is not possible especially if it is prone to moisture. For those individuals who want to achieve a rustic-looking kitchen or bathroom, faux wood blinds in the affordable yet chic solution.
3. Panel track blinds. This is oftentimes described as a combination of drapery and vertical blinds. This particular type of window blinds is often used for sliding doors because it is huge enough to cover the entire portion. Also, this is easy to control since all you need to do is to slide the panels smoothly on a track.
4. Curtains. Probably, this does not need describing anymore because everyone could already be familiar with curtains. Anyway, let us assume that there are still some who have not seen one yet. Well, curtains are made of fabrics which are hung with the use of a rod. These are available in many patterns, shades, and designs.
5. Drapes. These can be likened to curtains except that the fabrics used for them are heavier and larger. Drapes are best used for homes with high ceiling and huge windows.
6. Shutters. These are hinged panels that can be closed or opened depending on the amount of light that you want to pass through your windows. So even without any other window treatments like curtains or drapes, you can already regulate the temperature inside your home.
7. Sheer shades. These are made of fabric but they function as window blinds. This sounds genius, right? Thus, if you want to enjoy both, check for the available sheer shades from your potential supplier.
Are you now decided which window treatment to consider? Why don’t you seriously consider to order blinds online now?