The sun is shining and there’s no better time to get started on all those niggling DIY projects that have been on your mind all winter. Right now, we’re turning our attention to the bathroom and we’ve got plenty of exciting ideas to start you off when you’re planning a whole new look.
When you’re revamping an area of your home, it helps to be well prepared and to have a vision in mind for the finished space. Drawing your ideas together in a theme, or having a mood board that relates to your chosen colour or style can be a useful way to make sure that the room you end up with is the room you’ve dreamed of!
Our Favourite Bathroom Ideas:
- Wet room. Wet rooms are totally on trend this year, and we love the sleek lines and practicality of these clever spaces. A large showerhead and stylish taps will bring a touch of class to the room, and a roller blind in a bold colour will add a splash of your unique personality. Here at Direct Blinds, we create blinds for bathrooms using PVC fabric that is completely waterproof and wipe clean.
- Opulent style. If you love rich fabrics and dream of a Jacuzzi bath, you may choose a darker colour scheme with dramatic deep red or blue walls and a luxuriant armchair or chaise longue in the corner if you can fit it in! You can coordinate your window dressings with your cushions and your towels, and heavy velvet will be an ideal choice for a room of this type.
- Seaside theme. If you’re redesigning a family bathroom, you may want to introduce an element of fun into your plans and find a theme that ties your ideas together. A seaside theme can incorporate walls in warm yellow or ocean blue, jars of shells on the windowsill and a blue PVC blind to combine practicality and style.
- Classic elegance. If your idea of luxury is to recline in the bath with a glass of wine, you may wish to opt for a plain white suite with freestanding bath and classic accessories. A pale green or ivory colour scheme on your walls will set this elegant look off to perfection, and you can choose beautiful colours and patterns to create a stunning roman blind to finish the room. At Direct Blinds, you can even source your own fabric if you have a particular print in mind!
- Bright and funky. We love the stylish use of coloured venetian blinds to bring a splash of sparkle to a functional bathroom. A white suite and white walls can look a little clinical, but you don’t want to compromise on practicality, so a brightly coloured venetian blind made from aluminium is the perfect choice to add a twist.
Visit Direct Blinds for Venetian Blinds in Cork
When you’re re-designing any room in your home or office, your window dressings will be an important feature to consider. You can change the look of a space completely by replacing jaded curtains with a slick venetian blind, and a practical roller blind in a stunning fabric can give you a whole new appreciation of a small room!
Our experienced and friendly team will be happy to help you with your order and are on hand every step of the way. Simply contact us online or call 021 435 4959 today.