The kitchen is usually the heart of the home, and it’s where most families spend the majority of their time. No wonder, then, that it can begin to look tired more quickly than other rooms in the house, and that it may need updating more often than other areas. There is a quick and easy way to give your kitchen a style refresh, however, and that’s to turn your attention to the windows!
Here at Direct Blinds, we know what a difference window dressing can make to your home, and we think you’ll be surprised by the results. Choosing a blind that compliments your colour scheme and serves a practical function, too, can be a great way to lift a dull room or to bring a touch of class into an area that has lost it’s sparkle. Here’s how to change the look of your kitchen by making changes to your windows:
Easy Tips To Make Your Kitchen Look Great
- Clear the clutter. The kitchen window sill can be a magnet for clutter, and clearing this can give the kitchen a clean, sleek look. Ensuring that you only have the essentials or items that bring you joy, such as a houseplant or vase of flowers, can completely change the look of your kitchen and make you feel good when you’re spending time in it.
- Choose practicality. Pick a decorative style that will work practically as well as looking good. Think about the kitchen as an area that will be subject to steam and higher humidity, and consider window dressings that will be waterproof and simple to clean, such as wipe clean BlocOut roller blinds, in a shade that will look fabulous with your colour scheme!
- Think sleek. Minimalist décor often looks great in a kitchen, which has to house a huge amount of items and appliances. Avoid anything that will look dated or over the top, such as pelmets or heavy curtains, and consider going for sleek, clean lines instead.
- Consider lighting. A dark, dingy kitchen won’t feel good to spend time in, so it’s important to consider how to make the most of natural light. You can, of course, make a big difference to the ambience with the lighting you choose to install in the room, but nothing will provide quite the same feel as natural light, so make the window area as big and clutter free as you can, and avoid curtains that will reduce the surface area and therefore cut out light.
- Choose blinds. Blinds are a neat, clean option that suits the damp environment of kitchens and bathrooms perfectly. They offer a great solution that can contribute to the unique style of your kitchen when you choose a colour that you love, and you can even have a bespoke blind made in a fabric of your choice if you want an entirely individual look.
Are You Looking for Window Blinds In Cork?
At Direct Blinds, we love blackout blinds, which are especially good for reducing heat loss and protecting your privacy. We have a window dressing solution to suit every room, from venetian blinds to roller blinds, and more. Our friendly staff will be happy to help you to make the most of every space, so contact us online or call 021 435 4959 today.