There’s so much to love about the summer, with endless sunny days and picnics on the beach, but one downside can be that it’s so much more difficult to sleep when the nights are shorter and the sun rises so early. Many people struggle with disturbed sleeping patterns in the summertime, but there are several ways to keep your sleep on track and make sure you continue to get the rest you need in the lighter months.
Our favourite tip is to work with nature and mimic the darkness of winter that keeps your body in a healthy sleep pattern. Blackout blinds can be an excellent way to keep the light out of your room while you sleep, and we have a great choice of blackout blinds at Direct Blinds, so you can make a style statement as well as ensuring that you sleep well.
Top Tips for Healthy Summer Sleeping Habits
- Look at your diet. Eating late at night can be detrimental to your healthy sleep patterns, especially if you’re tempted to snack on foods that contain caffeine. A cup of coffee and a bar of chocolate may seem like the perfect evening treat, but it will keep you awake until the small hours so you’d be much better off choosing this indulgence in the morning and swapping your evening treat for a magnesium-rich banana that can help you to relax.
- Relax. If you’re not exercising regularly, see where you can make changes to fit this into your routine since it will help your body to regulate sleep patterns better. You should ensure that you avoid screens for at least half an hour before you go to bed, and keeping technology out of your bedroom can be very helpful in maintaining it as a relaxing space.
- Check out your bed. Have you ever stayed in a hotel and woken up feeling great because the bed was so comfortable? Imagine having that feeling every night! Invest in the best bed you can afford, focusing on the mattress, which will be so important in keeping your body healthy. Do plenty of research to ensure you choose the mattress that suits you best, and make sure you pick pillows that give you enough support, too.
- Keep breathing. A hot and stuffy room can be a very unhealthy environment to sleep in, so make sure that you get a good circulation of fresh air in your bedroom. Make sure your room is cool enough for a good night – it should be 17 degrees or less – and enjoy an optimum atmosphere for sleep.
- Add blackout blinds. Blackout blinds are the perfect solution to sleep problems in the summer, and can be extremely effective wherever they are fitted well. Our BlocOut roller blinds are perfect to create total darkness and save at least 25% on average heating costs when used year round.
Are You Looking for Blackout Blinds In Cork
At Direct Blinds, we know what a difference a blackout blind could make to you. Check out our practical and stylish designs, including roller blinds, vertical blinds, roman blinds and more, and speak to our friendly staff about what will be the best solution for you. Simply contact us online or call 021 435 4959 today.