There’s a definite chill in the air, and here at Direct Blinds, we’re embracing the colder months of Autumn and Winter. It’s a time of year that many people love, bringing us long nights by the open fire, walks in the crisp air and comfort food to keep us going.
It’s also a period where most people tend to spend more time indoors, and it’s a good idea to make sure you’re ready for when the frosts arrive. If your home is in need of some tender loving care, it’s a great idea to pay it some attention to ensure that you don’t run into problems when the coldest weather hits. Here’s our simple guide to getting your home ready for Autumn, so you can be sure that you’re prepared for whatever the season throws at you.
Top Tips To Prepare For Autumn
- Check your heating. We all know that it’s costly and bad for the environment to start using the heating before you really need it, and if you’re happy layering on the jumpers, you can probably avoid having the heating on regularly until much later in the year, but it’s important to check that your heating works. Problems can occur during the warmer months when the heating isn’t in use, and this can be extremely frustrating if you only discover it when you really need the extra warmth. This is a great time to check that your system is working well, and to fix any problems that may have arisen.
- Survey your home. When the weather turns, it is sometimes too late to prevent serious problems in your home, so being vigilant can help to keep things in good shape. Check your guttering and down pipes for any leaks that may cause problems, and get any areas of concern, such as mold or damp, treated as soon as possible to prevent a bigger problem later on.
- Pay attention to your windows. Did you know that a third of the heat lost from your home escapes via the windows? Ensuring that you have good quality blinds or curtains can reduce heat loss and keep you feeling cosy throughout the colder months. Talk to us about our BlocOut roller blinds, which can save at least 25% on heating costs throughout the year.
- Add some finishing touches. A basket for your hats and gloves can be a great addition to a hallway or porch, allowing you to grab what you need on the way out of the door without needing to search the house each morning! Little touches, such as a pile of blankets on the sofa to encourage snuggling up, can help to give your home a cosy feel that you’ll appreciate until the arrival of spring.
- Embrace the season. Prepare yourself for a fabulous Autumn by getting the whole family involved in writing a list of things you’d like to do or achieve this season. Whether it’s a roast dinner every week, or sharing a classic novel by the fireside in the evenings, or even decorating parts of your home, writing it down will help you to set your intentions and ensure that you make the most of this time of the year.
Are You Looking for Roman Blinds In Ireland?
At Direct Blinds, we have a fantastic range of window blinds, including roller blinds, vertical blinds, roman blinds and more. Whatever your style, we’ve got a great solution for you, and our friendly staff are on hand to help. Simply contact us online or call 021 435 4959 today.