Many people put up blinds at their windows without researching them properly, and are disappointed by the final result. Working out which window blinds to purchase can be a difficult decision if you don’t know your roman blinds from your rollers, so it’s no surprise that so many people get it wrong.
If you dream of a clean, stylish look in your home, you’ll find a huge variety of options at Direct Blinds. A quick browse of our website will give you a rundown on the different styles of blind available, and you’ll soon be well on the way to the perfect window dressings.
What Can Go Wrong With Window Blinds?
- Sizing. There’s a good reason why professional blind makers require precise measurements for the window in question. Some stores sell ready-made blinds that are designed to be cut down to size by the homeowner, but this can be a recipe for disaster. Unclean ends or uneven edges will spoil the look you’re aiming for, so don’t waste your money on a blind that doesn’t fit your window.
- Quality. If you’ve put up a blind in your bathroom without checking that the fabric is waterproof, you shouldn’t be surprised when it develops mould and mildew. Specific windows call for specific blinds, and you should ensure that you check your options before you order. You can choose PVC blinds for the bathroom, and blackout lining for the bedroom, when you order from Direct Blinds.
- Some people have a great eye for colour and design, and that’s usually why they become the experts! Try not to make hasty decisions, and seek the opinions of a professional before you order a blind that may not have the effect you desire. Don’t forget that colours look different in certain lights, and that different styles of blind can change the look of a room completely.
- In practical terms, it’s important to consider how efficient your choice of blind will be in terms of heating. If you’re looking for a solution for a room that tends to be very cold, it may be worth considering a thick fabric that will hold in the heat for longer.
- Practicality. If you’re splashing out on a luxurious blind that will look stunning for years to come, it might be worth considering a timeless option, such as a wood venetian blind, that will look great alongside any colour scheme. Think about how easy it will be to clean the blind you choose, and go for easy to clean options, such as wipe clean PVC roller blinds, in areas that tend to need more cleaning, such as bathrooms and children’s playrooms.
Are You Looking for Roman Blinds In Ireland?
Here at Direct Blinds, we have a great range of beautiful blinds to bring an extra touch of style to your home. Explore our ranges of roller blinds, vertical blinds, roman blinds and more, and speak to our friendly staff about what will suit your needs best. Simply contact us online or call 021 435 4959 today.